Sunday, February 19, 2006

whatever...

i really like skating. i went skating tonight for almost an hour and a half and i loved every second of it. i'm not very good at it...yet, but i enjoy it more and more every time i go(which isn't often enough). i think in the future if i get a little better at skating and if i have the money and time i would like to buy some gear and join some kind of league - a church league or some low-skill men's league or something like that - and play some hockey for fun. it makes me wish i had skates for more years of my life growing up than i did...oh well. i keep spelling skates like this: saktes.i do that with a bunch of different words on a regular basis. like the word first, i often spell frist. it's like my fingers get slightly ahead of my brain and one letter goes in too soon or something. or sometimes in words that have double letters i type the wrong letter twice...like scholl instead of school for example. and it's always the same words too. i don't know what it is, but it happens, trust me. i tried a new workout yesterday that i can do without going to the gym cause i never get to the gym anymore and it annoys me. in the magazine it was called the body weight work-out, and it's basically a number of excercises designed around using your body weight instead of gym weights. it works alot on working your all around body msucle, especially building the core(like your midsection/abs/lower back area) it is the kind of thing that alot of gymnasts do(and gymnasts are some of the strongest most solid people there are...they can often out-bench body builders with little weight training beforehand) i couldn't even finish the workout. it was way more difficult than i had anticipated. after the first excercise my legs were actually shaking while i was doing the next excercise. today i can feel it all through my legs up through my but and into my core. this was a new experience for me. i am excited to keep doing this work-out now and see what happens(if i can stick to it). i had another new experience the other day. for the last couple of years i have been the number one or two defenceman on my school's socer team. when i play defence, if i challenge someone, i have always been able to get around their body if they are shielding with it and attack the ball(probly has alot to do with being tall and having long legs in part). i don't always get the ball and sometimes this strategy is a bad one and would lead to a scoring chance against us so i don't always do it. but the other night we were scrimmaging, and there was a new guy practicing with us. he is HUGE(like muscles huge). again, i've never not been able to get around someone no matter how big they are, but when i tried it on this guy, he simply blocked me and walked around me like i was nothing and went in on net and there was nothing i could do about it. this shocked me because it had never happened to me before. i will have to play him differently in the future...i am going to work for my old landlord's(finchy) brother tomorrow. his name is quentin and he looks and sounds just like his brother. in fact when he left a message on my phone i actually thought it was finchy until Quentin said his name. it seems weird to me that they look and sound so alike, but it's been said that me and my brother darrell are pretty similar(though i don't think anywhere near that similar). i saw someone with bleach blonde hair the other day and i wondered what i would look like with hair that color...especially while it's as long as it is. my hair is already dirty blonde, but if i bleached it i think it would be a very noticeable color change...am i spelling color right? is there a u in it? that's another thing with words i sometimes mess up. the hockey commentator in Canada's hockey team made one of the most obvious statements i have ever heard in my life today...he said "Heatley had 2 shots. the first one...then the second one" apparently he found it neccesary to explain this...meh...he's one of the couple hockey guys that are starting to get old and senile, but you gotta love em. Bob Cole and Harry Neale...the golden oldies. eventually they'll retire but hopefully will not be forgotten like Dick Irvin. he was awesome. i can't wait to be graduated...being a student with no money sucks...granted, i will be going back to school in a year or two, but the hope is that i will be in a better financial state when i go back and it won't be such a pain. one can dream right? maybe it'll never happen, but i'd like to be in a position sometime before i'm 40 where i can travel alot, maybe even live somewhere else and do some cool stuff...that'd be really swell. i want to go to a world cup and a champions league soccer game some day. that would be neat. i also want to visit ireland, see the pyramids in egypt, the opera house in sydney australia(cause it looks really cool), travel europe(cause where can you go in europe where there's not something cool to see?), see the forested or jungled(i'm not sure which you would call it) hills/mountains in cambodia, see a bunch of plays/theatre productions cause some of those are pretty cool, see the circues du soleil(this is new on my list as of today when i watched a little bit on tv and it was AWESOME) and a whole bunch of other stuff that i can't think of at this very moment. anyhoo, im gonna go to bed now...i'm tired. night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

i agree with everything that i find agreeable. go riders!

9:39 PM

 
Blogger Papa Scott said...

try adding some spaces in your post. I keep getting lost and disturbed because I am reading one thought while thinking you are talking about the earlier one.

I also have a problem with one word...and. I tend to type fast enough that i put the a with the word before it and then switch the n and the d.

EG "The cat and dog" will come out as "The cata dn dog"

It happens often ehough that I tend to check whenever I am using that word.

5:44 PM

 
Blogger Monty P said...

Blog already! Yeah, that's right. Look at me pretending like I'm the world's best blogger!

7:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home